Top Notch Picnic: Learn how.
Hi there. Today we want to share with you some tips to make your picnic moment an unforgettable experience. Learning what equipment is essential and how to optimize the space and portions when packing. You will find some links to Laguiole en Aubrac products that may be useful for you. Without further ado, take note of the following tips and tell us if you have any additional that you want to share with us.
Packing Food Time:
- Cut desserts, such as brownies and bar cookies, into serving sizes and pack in sealable containers.
- Pack hot foods in thermoses.
- Pack foods that require refrigeration in one cooler and drinks in a separate one. The drink cooler will be opened frequently during the picnic, preventing other foods from staying well chilled.
- Pack coolers just before leaving home. Be sure that foods and drinks are already well chilled and surround them with plenty of ice and frozen gel packs.
- When driving to your destination, place ice chests inside an air-conditioned car, rather than in the trunk. At the picnic site, set ice chests in the shade and keep food in the cooler until serving time.
- Soft blanket plus a plastic tarp or sheeting to place underneath if the ground is damp.
- Picnic basket filled with unbreakable plates and glassware, flatware, serving utensils and napkins.
- Cutting boards for slicing or assembling foods and serving cheeses.
- *Salt and pepper shakers (if needed)
- Folding chairs or stools.
- Sunscreen, sun hats, insect repellant and first aid kit.
- Trash bags for cleanup.
- Sealable plastic bags for leftovers.
That’s all for today folks, till next time.
The Laguiole en Aubrac Team.
- Laguiole Advocate