Limited Edition Luxury Plated Folding Pocket Steak Knife, 4.8-in (12cm), Full Porsche Original Handle
Laguiole knives are tough and worth every penny. Apart from their exquisite beauty, their balance, performance, and stability are what sets them apart from other knives.
Laguiole cutlery-making suffered a deadly blow after the First World War when it flourished in Aubrac. A team of knife enthusiasts and elected representatives from the Aubrac region of France made sure that knife making returned to its birthplace i.e Laguiole.
The revival of local manufacturing while retaining the quintessential knife-making practices is what encouraged knife makers to set up workshops in Laguiole. By combining knowledge, innovation, and creativity, Laguiole en Aubrac has been able to put French cutlery on the world map.
Whether you are a trained chef, novice, or adventurous person, there is a Laguiole knife for everyone. Today, we will discuss the Laguiole en Aubrac Handmade Luxury Shiny Plated Folding Pocket Steak Knife.
Key features of the Laguiole en Aubrac Handmade Luxury Plated Folding Pocket Steak Knife.
- Extra strong 12c27 Sandvik stainless steel blades are designed to resist corrosion and last for years.
- The handle is made out of composite. Porsche AG used the same material to manufacture their Couple model 911 that came out in 1963.
- The blade length is 4 inches or 10 cms. Bolster to tip blade length is 4.8 inches or 12 cms.
- The spiring is polished on the inside and created as a single piece.
- The knife was made in the village of Laguiole, France.
- Comes with a certificate of authenticity provided by Laguiole en Aubrac and Porsche.
- These knives are made of unique materials. Each knife is unique, in the sense that no two knives will be identical.
- The knives have passed strict quality checks set by Laguiole en Aubrac.
- The handle is made out of buffalo horn and the bolster is pure stainless steel.
- Every knife is hand-crated, made by master artisans from authentic materials. One artisan is responsible for the creation of each knife, from start to finish.
Along with the book comes a booklet describing Laguiole’s heritage. A lifetime warranty covers any manufacturing defect, provided you face difficulty using the knife for the purpose it was intended. In case of damage due to negligence or intentional damage, Laguiole en Aubrac will not replace or repair any damage.
Steps to maintain and preserve your Laguiole knife.
- Do not wash the blade.
- Never place your knife underwater. Wipe it using a paper cloth or a kitchen towel.
- Never thrust a Laguiole knife into a dishwasher.
- Exposure to detergent and hot water (above 50 degrees Celsius) will reduce the lifespan of your knife.
- If your knife handle is made out of wood and horn, keep it away from hot water, dishwashers, abrasives, and liquids that could distort solid objects.
- Knife handles made out of paper stone, Plexiglas, or ABS can withstand harsh conditions like high temperatures.
- Store your knives in a dry atmosphere. Avoid leather cases that trap moisture.
- Pocket dust is harmful to your knife.
- Occasionally, clean your knife’s joint system with solvent and compressed air.
- Add a drop of oil to the joint system for a smooth closing.
- Laguiole Advocate